View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2021, 09:50 PM   #25
jrshooter
ninjette.org guru

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFMNINJA400 View Post
I feel like I can write a BOOK on this topic! Well you did ask.......... one of the things I have to be mindful of when I go from the 300/400 to the 750 is the power! I almost lost the rear a few times coming out of a turn too hard on the throttle My 750 pulls crazy hard On the smaller bikes you can be much more aggressive on the throttle ALL THE TIME! AND you can brake much later in the turns, specially on the tracks that have a decent front straight. That’s where the smaller bikes have the advantage and make them so much fun, is the late braking. You have to brake much sooner coming down from 150 as opposed to braking at 120 on a smaller bike. On the bigger bikes you can let off and reel in other bikes with the power. On the smaller bikes if you let off, you are DONE! Specially the 300, if you are not WOT you are losing ground. A fast small bike rider told me, “either you are on the brakes or you are on the gas”! Even though the 400 has around 15HP more than the 300 it feels like much more. I like riding the 300 for a few sessions then jump on the 400 and try to ride it WOT like the 300. The 600 is just different, you can’t let up too much and it’s harder too reel other bikes in with power. Riding the bigger bikes is definitely more tiring. I can ride the smaller bikes for a whole day at the track and not feel as tired or beat up like I do with the bigger bikes.
Looking forward to my season opener at NCBIKE, end of March. I will be taking the 400 and the 300.
i think you make a mistake . if everybody is on a 300/600/750 or a 1000
you back off, your not reeling them back in. you might use power on a less experienced rider who has a bad line and cant hit the exit. power does not make up for a bad exit when everybody else has the same power and uses it properly. i guess what im saying in short no matter what size bike, be on the brake or on the gas. you cant win while coasting.
jrshooter is offline   Reply With Quote