View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2021, 06:57 AM   #10
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
I have to say it has been learning the lines of the track I'm at and body positioning. Mainly body positioning because I only have enough money and time to go to the track once every other month. I have been squeezing in go-kart tracks in the meantime, but big track day events help me learn my potentials at speed and using all my experiences I've gained at the kart tracks. I've been down for a while though because I stupidly high-sided a Grom and it did the works on me... Luckily I was fully geared up and I'm healing quickly
Sometimes it's the little bikes that kick you off the hardest, lol. Glad you are healing up quickly.

Learning lines and body position are tricky skills to practice if you haven't been riding much. I like how you are squeezing in go-kart track riding and using that time to practice- all the skills translate and that kind of practice will help a ton! And I'm a big fan of using little bikes to practice skills whenever possible as well. What would you say are some effective ways of learning lines at a track? Do you have a method? What actually makes a good line around a race track anyway?

M
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote