View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2022, 09:57 AM   #11
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Name: Ioben

Motorcycle(s): 83' KZ750L3, 84' FJ1100, 94' VT600C, 07' K1200S, 09' EX250J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
Sometimes it's the little bikes that kick you off the hardest, lol. Glad you are healing up quickly.

Learning lines and body position are tricky skills to practice if you haven't been riding much. I like how you are squeezing in go-kart track riding and using that time to practice- all the skills translate and that kind of practice will help a ton! And I'm a big fan of using little bikes to practice skills whenever possible as well. What would you say are some effective ways of learning lines at a track? Do you have a method? What actually makes a good line around a race track anyway?

M
Those are great questions! You know I have a hard time following the "race lines". You see, I'm not fast... so many people use many different lines around the track because they are on different types of bikes, or they are different levels of "fast" riders, and/or the traffic usually dictates how you are going to enter and exit a corner too. I started to focus on just "fun" riding lately. Working on getting comfortable riding around and using all the controls, while finding better ways to feel relaxed enough to play harder, if that makes any sense. I found that if I'm thinking about body positioning and all the other things that make a track rider "motogp" ready, than I'm overthinking and actually becoming slower and fatiguing faster.

I recently got back on the bike since my accident and it was pretty fun. I wasn't in the best shape either because in the last 3.5 months, I haven't exercised or been eating the best of foods. So the lack of taking care of myself really showed in my abilities on the track. I couldn't get my upper body to crouch in like I wanted and leaning into curves was a bit of a challenge because I kept feeling my chest protector dig into my arm pits. I realized being fit is necessary to properly ride at ones limits on a bike now
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote