View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2022, 11:23 AM   #7
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

As posted in numerous places on this site the carbs are notoriously hard to clean.... you now know why we say that ! the carbs are still dirty !
... i'm a retired motorcycle mechanic and I had my carbs out 3 times before I finally got them to run ...BUT it wasn't running right the pilot circuit was still dirty.... and I'm very familiar with bike carbs !
the passage ways are hard to clean because you cannot get a wire all the way through the passage ways... so you don't know that their actually clean or not
the best you can do is probe out the exits toward the center and then use carb cleaner to try and blast that out ... but that leaves the short passage way between the passageways un disturbed... and that is the one that is causing the problems !
your best bet is taking the carbs off and sending them to Ducattiman on this site he's an expert with these carbs and they will come back perfect and you will not have to worry about them again....
sense you can't get at the passageways that connects the other passageways inside the carb you have to rely on other methods to get that clean
and unless your into getting an ultrasonic cleaner and chemical bath and a whole lot of carb cleaner and then TEST the circuit afterword... you don't stand a prayer of getting these things clean !
seriously, save yourself alot more aggravation and send the carbs to Ducattiman ! his price is reasonable and you'll get back carbs that are completely refurbished to like new quality !
Bob......