View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2022, 10:45 PM   #29
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I almost guarentee you the pilot circuit in the carbs is still plugged !
you can get the 1/2 throttle portion of the carb to work fairly easily I got that my first cleaning on my 2012 250R but the idle circuit is much harder to clean
because it has 4 exits and it's real hard to get any kind of pressure into those cavities in there to get them clean.
when I got my bike running just after I got it it would only run on 1 cylinder
so I pulled the carbs cleaned them and put them back on and it would then run on both cylinders above 2500 RPM.... but not lower.....
I pulled the carbs again determined to get the things clean and put them back in there and tried it again and it was exactly the same thing.....
so I pulled them again and cleaned them a 3rd time paying extra attention to the pilot circuit in each carb.... using wire , cleaning probes and anything I could even compressed air... put the carbs back on there and got it running
and I could tell it was trying to idle but just wouldn't... I discovered that the airscrew starting position is different for each carb, and opened up further than I had them... I opened them up more and finally got it to idle but not the best... much more tinkering later I finally got the air screws set properly and then it worked fantastically..... for about 2 ~3 months then it started dropping the rt. cylinder at idle again.... so the carbs need to come off again and be super cleaned ...I have a ultrasonic cleaner this time and I am hoping that will do the trick...
these are the hardest carbs to work on that I have ever encountered in all of my motorcycle dealings.... Small CV carbs is a bad idea ! LOL

Bob.....