View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2009, 09:57 AM   #52
camaroz1985
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

Ok so I've been thinking more about this lately. I want to have a simple GPS that I can use on the fly (don't have to plan out the route beforehand), but I don't want to dive too deeply into it yet, like spending the money on a Zumo.

I came across some older Garmin units that are waterproof (a requirement to me), the Street Pilot 2720, 2730, and 2820. I have found all 3 fairly reasonably priced (<$150), but the 2820 is a little harder to come by for cheap as it is newer and has bluetooth.

My question is for you guys that have GPS already do you listen to directions or just glance at the screen every now and then. If you just look at the screen there are other options which are less expensive (they don't have text-to-speech like the Street Pilot models).

Basically what I want to know is would I be better to spend $50 on a non-TTS Magellan or Garmin, or spend $100 on a TTS Garmin. I do use my iPod on long trips so I would like a way to listen to music and the GPS, but from what I've read there really aren't any cheap ways to do this.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote