View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2009, 09:12 PM   #60
jpnfrk
Her name is Itoshii

Name: Nani

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Has anyone heard anything about the TomTom Rider2?

The main feature I'm looking for is to hear the directions in my ear because I really don't want to be looking down at it while riding. I'm hoping there's a more economical alternative with the bluetooth 'voice" in your helmet... but I haven't found it... any suggestions?

The Rider2 seems to have almost all the features of the Zumo, and it's on sale for half price at Amazon right now: ($365)

Product Features

* A rugged waterproof device, anti-glare screen, integrated sun visor, and gloves-on operation give bikers just what they need while riding; universal mounting kit fits most bikes
* Spoken turn-by-turn instructions and 3D graphics will guide you to any address in the United States and Canada
* Navigation instructions are spoken via in-helmet Cardo scala-rider Bluetooth headset for great audio quality, external noise cancellation, and added safety and convenience
* Itinerary planning helps riders make the most of their time on the road; with a choice of routes--including shortest, fastest, non-toll roads, and avoiding highways--you can explore the world your own way
* Makes riding even safer with Bluetooth hands-free calling (compatible mobile phone required)

Technical Details

* CPU: 380 MHz
* System Memory: 32 MB RAM
* Display: 3.5 inch, 320 x 240 TFT color LCD touchscreen
* Dimensions: 4.46 x 3.79 x 2.08 inches
* Weight: 11 ounces
* Battery: Internal rechargeable Li-Ion
* Approximate battery life: 5 hours
* Operating temperature: 14 to 130 degrees F
* Waterproofing: PX7--protects against any wet-weather conditions
* Bluetooth headset battery talk time: 7 hours
* Bluetooth headset battery standby: 1 week