Old July 30th, 2012, 03:59 AM   #32
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post

You make a good point too about how you can get caught out looking a bit too far ahead and lose sight of where you are in the moment, you had a "rushed feeling" and this is common. A lot of people tell you to look as far ahead through the corner as you can but I think you have to be careful to not look too far ahead too soon or you will end up lost mid corner.

Back to the original point though, if you try to look too far ahead, say from your turn in reference point all the way to the exit without touching on where you want your bike to be at the apex, you might not make it there.

Which brings us to another question, how long do you look at your RP? When do you look from your turn point to the apex, or from the apex to the exit?

Misti
Yes. This was one of the main causes of my crash at Little Tally. I skipped my apex reference point which made me turn in too early. I lost myself on the track and before I knew it, I had run too wide and was leaned on rumbles...the violent, gator kind. Just ask my poor brand new scorpion-exo 500 how violent those strips are!
Since then, I've learned I look at my reference point until I know my bike is going straight for it. At the point when I know my bike is heading straight for that spot, I shift my gaze to the next point I want my bike to hit, keeping the current turn-in point in my peripheral. Hope that makes sense. I haven't had my coffee yet this morning. lol!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote