View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2009, 08:36 AM   #141
smcbride11
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): '95 BMW K75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeldren View Post
Have you considered picking up a pair of Bohn under armor or even some of the off road brands like Fox have some underwear type armor for the hips which aren't that expensive.
The Bohn armor's exactly what I'm looking at, maybe coupled with Draggin' Liners under my jeans. I have a feeling the Victorys are a little too baggy will move a little in a crash and the kevlar in them would be less than useful.

My big problem with the Bohn stuff is trying to find it in a local store. My thighs are apparently larger than normal for my waist size, so I have a ton of trouble finding pants that fit well - so I definitely want to try that stuff on until I find a brand I know fits me properly. I absolutely despise having to return items I bought online, so I avoid it whenever possible (which is why I haven't ordered on newenough yet, though I'll probably break down and do it now that we're actually hitting some riding weather).

I'm actually toying with the idea of hacking up my A* foam back protector (once I replace it) and sewing the pieces into my Victorys a la football pads. It'd look weird to have a padded tailbone and hips, but then I'm better protected and I bet it'd make long rides more comfortable!
smcbride11 is offline   Reply With Quote