View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2017, 06:37 AM   #21
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
and don't forget the spraycan. "Carbs are easy"....not at all. These dormant for 4 years ....IMHO its ill advised to encourage a new owner to even attempt. Leading him to believe he'll be successful borders on cruel and is unrealistic.

Pilot jet removal will be difficult at best....way too easy to strip. Is OP really expected to drill out the pilot screw tamper caps to remove and clean that critical area? Would he even KNOW to do that?

With all due respect..chances are getting them "right"with success *the first time* is very doubtful, of course you'll only find out after reinstalling...then you get to do it all over again....

Honestly, you can't compete with the effective modern machines, complete disassembly, experience, being both aggressive with certain areas and very careful with others....and knowing the difference between.

Here's a frozen pilot screw removal on a recent set...sure, "carbs are easy"
Right on Gordy! No one has touched any bike or part thereof that I have owned in over 50 years. If I have problems with my 10 year old carbs you will be the first person I contact.

A screw extractor on a carb jet? Jepers!

Bill
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote