View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2015, 11:59 AM   #1697
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluidlogic View Post
Okay, considering the Ecotron kit. I'm getting a lot of mixed signals from the tech threads, so...

...the Ecotron website has a link to 2012 posts (on this thread, amusingly) about how nifty the kit is and how much everybody likes it. They also make a huge deal about how the Gen. 2 parts are a huge upgrade. From the age of the link I suspect the Gen. 2 "upgrade" isn't a whole lot more recent than that.

So here's the point: would people generally recommend it, based on reliability and ease of use? Or is this one of those novelty mods that turns out to be more trouble than it's worth? I really like my '12, but I miss the smoothness of FI. However, I don't want to spend a week installing a lemon.

Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Ran great for me for 6000+ miles, including many trips 3+ hours from home and two track days. I went back to carbs because of how simple they were though. I was always nervous about breaking down, so I went back to OE parts for peace of mind. Great system once you get it set up.

My only input for track use: get the pump mounted fore/aft instead of side to side. At really high lean angles, a pump mounted sideways will have problems with the intake being mounted lower than the output. I ran into that on fast, long, left-hand sweepers with lots of lean angle. Mounting the pump fore/aft will remove that possibility.

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote