View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2011, 12:15 PM   #109
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

I tried removing the secondary carb butterflies and there was a bit more power and it was smoother off the throttle to ride, but it eliminates the dual mode button. lol It was a hair smoother all around though.
It would seem the carb secondary butterflies have the majority of the control over the mode.

I think I'll put it back to the way it was just so when I want the bike to be quiet I can flip to mode b. I like having both modes for street riding. It's how you say "Ninjaaaaaa".

The secondary butterflies close off the carb and make the bike quieter like before you yank the airbox on the ninjette. Then you yank it and the ninjette starts to ROAR.
That is, if you used no velocity stacks on your pods..

I found some little tweekable screws on the throttle bodies too I would assume this is a synch screw. I need a service manual and a synch machine thingy.

Now to go yank the airbox and put the secondaries back in. lol Day spent learning again!
I heard doing the throttle valve wire makes the biggest difference but need more research. Prolly shouldn't be tweeking things until I have service manual.