Old May 7th, 2018, 07:22 AM   #31
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
@Triple Jim

Funny you should mention me, as I sit here nursing bruised ribs and shattered ego from my crash last week where my Harley failed in the hard braking and avoidance maneuver. (and laughing hurts)

And I have witnessed one crash with a long time Harley rider who just jammed on the rear brake and lost control.
This is where an experienced rider can give you lessons that a training course can't. Rochester, N.Y. A beautiful sunny day. A guy and his gal bombing through the countryside on a Harley Sportster. Came over the top of a blind knoll to discover a tractor and manure spreader traveling about 5 M.P.H. No time to even pray. He died and she was horribly injured.

Careful approaching a blind knoll in the road. Want to stay alive on a freeway? NEVER pass on the right and never get stuck between two cars - keep passing. Remember the front brake applies at least 70% of your stopping power - don't be afraid of it. Learn to use it

Bill