View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #16
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

Actually, with absolute respect to Tim's memory (though I didn't know him), sometimes it is good to "put a face" to something. Otherwise a lot of people just gloss over things, saying, "oh yeah that sucks, sounds good", instead of being like "wow, that is a rude awakening and I need to slow down and pay more attention."

We had an insurance guy come to our company to talk about safety in the workplace and whatnot and he used actual people's mishaps to demonstrate and teach. Definitely makes it hit home a bit better.

Great post Jiggles. I don't even care to ride that fast anymore. When we go on rides around here, we don't even try to go fast, we try to be smooth and careful around the corners, and just go to enjoy being outdoors and see the scenery (we stop a lot for photos). As far as ripping around twisties, the more I ride the less I want to. There are just too many occasions where there's so much debris in the road that going fast is just scary dangerous. Unless I can see through the end of the turn and then some, I take it easy.
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote