View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2021, 10:46 PM   #27
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
(I seriously forgot how to up and downshift manually once when I jumped on an old R6 after riding the Superbike School BMW S 1000's.)
I recently did CSS on my Ninjette and was given a huge finger wag to not use the clutch for my shifts -- learning that skill was definitely interesting but now it's pretty fun.

I will say that the thing I found hardest was the lack of a gear indicator -- when you're coming up on the top of the Ridge Complex and need to do multiple quick downshifts there's nothing more distracting than being one gear lower than you thought and ending up in surprise 1st! And since sometimes I manage an upshift going into 11 and sometimes I don't, depending on track conditions, I have to pay more attention than I'd like to keep that mental count straight.