View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2021, 07:03 AM   #7
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by clakmurrick View Post
Yes, I did adjust the idle mixture screws. I found that the best setting for me was about 2.5 turns out, when below 60 F out. Revving it at that setting wouldn't have any hanging, nor would the RPM go below my idle. The pilot jets are upgraded to a number 40. I have synced the carbs. From another post, I was told that my 117.5 jet is likely too large.

Quick question, how much throttle am I using under no load to get to 6k RPM? It seems a lot of my problems are down low for now. I wouldn't doubt that a smaller jet would help. I have a 112.5, so I'll swap to that and see what happens. What pilot jet would you recommend?

Thanks!
The larger Pilot Jets should be fine, but 2.5 turns out on a bigger Pilot seems too rich. That's about the range with a stock 38. I would expect you to be closer to 1.5 turns out.

You really can't tell much by revving to a certain RPM in neutral. It takes minimal throttle opening to produce high RPMs when not under load - so it doesn't really tell you anything. You need to ride it (fully warm) and note at what throttle position the problems occur. That tells you which carb circuit is causing the problem.

Having 2 similar threads going is making this more difficult. Maybe we could merge them or something?

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=354327
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote