View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2014, 08:33 AM   #32
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
No it's much harder, you have to kind of feel out the process since theonger you do it the more fluid you'll get into the system before starting it and finishing the purge. First I fill it up the best I can then massage the hose between the motor and bypass feed(left side of the motor). As you squeeze and release the hose your moving a small amount of fluid that little by little displaces air. You'll see bubbles riding to the fill cap and the fluid dropping so keep it tipped of and keep pumping the hose. After this looses its effectiveness I think I start the bike with the cap off for a minute and ether continue pumping the hose while it's running or after I turn it back off after the minute, I don't remember exactly. The idea is to try and get as much fluid into the system before you get it fully up to temp and that valve opens and purges the rest of the air and I then topping it off one last time. If you skip my step then you may have to bring it up to full temp twice to get all the air out.

You could also try filling the motor with fluid between the motor and valve by removing the hose to the thermo bob. There's no right way but some methods work better then others. The hard thing for you will be not know when the thermo bob is actually opening when you warm the bike up that first time because you don't have a temp guage on the pregen, and I don't think you can get it safely up to 185degs with the fill cap off to watch the fluid drop.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote