View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2016, 07:04 PM   #7
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc462 View Post
Hahahahaha

I knew I'd open myself up to the "Hey dude visit the salad bar once in a blue moon" response.

I'm tryin for sure...was 216lbs down to 190ish and still going - I get it this will make the biggest difference.

Put the bike on a weight loss program as well - just wondering about the wheel thing as that is probably the most effective place to reduce weight if possible.
In all seriousness; you do not want a wheel failure. I'm assuming you and your son race for shits & giggles. The bikes are designed for a typical rider and you & I are on the wrong side of the bell curve! The benefits of wanting to reduce unsprung, rotational forces by shaving unknown metallurgical, structural material from wheels cast in Indonesia should be considered carefully in the context of a weekend warrior! My (unwanted lol!) 2 cents!
It is very possible you might crack the wheel and your son disintegrates it!
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.