Thread: Track School
View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2020, 10:08 PM   #24
justanotherone1
ninjette.org member

Name: Cyril

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 EX x2, 07" CBR600RR, 09"SFV 650 Gladius

I was a late bloomer too and got my license at 30 last year. I agree with DannoXYZ on the 250 starter bike thing. I rode on and off since 26, but never got my CM1 license due to my constraint circumstances. Yes, I was one of those guys that just kept getting a permit to ride legally lol... TBH I never learned how to truly turn until I went to the California Motorcycle School where you get your endorsement and get your license without taking that lame DMV riding test. Before I got my license, I didn't know how to turn and I was riding like a jackass flying at 100+ mph like a maniac. I used to road/drag race cars so I understand the driving lines of where to brake and where to dive in. However, takes a lot more skill on a motorcycle because you're literally one with the bike and the consequences are way more severe when you mess up a turn at high speed and you can't brake in a turn (well you can... but I'd highly advise against it unless you're a pro). I'm glad I started really riding later in life lol... Yes, because I was that idiot that will test the limits of the machine... Nowadays I'm a little wiser and give the machine respect lol... I wouldn't consider commuting on the road that dangerous as long as your a good driver. You definitely need to have a good situation awareness (like unconsciously counting cars around you or paying attention to see if other drivers are distracted and staying out of drivers blind spot), but I've always done that when I drive cars anyways.

Last futzed with by justanotherone1; February 3rd, 2020 at 10:12 PM. Reason: grammar
justanotherone1 is offline   Reply With Quote