Old October 7th, 2021, 04:38 PM   #16
Dizzy
ninjette.org member

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 250r

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Looks like great deal you got! Carbs will likely need more than just jets and floats. You'll want to scrub out all secret hidden passages. Ultrasonic soak and micro soda-blast everything. Be sure to get JIS screwdriver so you don't strip those float-bowl screws.

Feel this milkshake to see if it's slick. I suspect it may not be since oil+coolant mix from blown headgasket tends to separate into layers after a while.

You are correct I figured out it was old gas mixed with the oil because of a stuck float and gas pouring into the motor then slowly leaking past the rings and I don't believe the carb will need that intense of a cleaning was only 1 float stuck and the jets looked pretty clean but they are sitting in a sealed container will be leaving everything to soak overnight before I use another can of carb cleaner blasting out every passage single passage I was glad that the only dirty part of the carbs was the bottom of the float bowl After removing the jet and needles I looked at everything and could see threw the tiny holes and I believe that the problem was just the float becoming stuck.... Tomorrow I will be putting the carb back together and putting it back on the bike flushed the motor out and have oil sitting in it I'm going to drain and replace with new oil before I turn the key and throw some fire into the cylinders I will check back in tomorrow and hopefully be a happy camper have a great night everyone
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote