View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2017, 10:31 PM   #1
BenjaNinja92
ninjette.org member

Name: Benjamin

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninja 250

Missed my turn :/ First time laying it down

So the other day I was riding home from class, about an hour away from my house. Went a new way home just for the sake of exploring. Looked up the route before I left and it was pretty simple. I cam to the road that turns onto the highway and although it was a 2-way road, the street sign said "Hwy 20 off ramp". This caused me to hesitate for just a second because I didn't want to turn onto a highway offramp. I then realized it was in fact the right road and began to turn. However, the brief hesitation caused me to be past the normal turn route onto the road, and led me directly into the 2-3 inch deep gravel buildup in the middle of the intersection. As soon as my eyes went back onto the road I knew what was coming. The back tire slid out from underneath me, and I landed on my right shoulder, elbow, and hit my head on the ground (thank God for full face helmets). My immediate thought was "$#!& my bike!". So i quickly hopped up lifted up my bike and moved out of the road and gave it a look. Nothing but a little road rash on the plastic, a small crack, and some scrapes on the exhaust. Other than that, no damage and the bike rode fine.
As for myself, just a little road rash on my elbow and shoulder, some body soreness for a day or 2, and a lesson learned.

Everyone crashes. Some get too scared to get back on, while others can't wait to ride again.
BenjaNinja92 is offline   Reply With Quote