View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #22
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Honda CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
I think that if you went to a Bicyle shop that you would find something that will work. Bicycle Water Bottle holders come in all sorts of colours and material---aluminum, steel, plastic, carbon fibre, and plastic that looks like carbon fibre. You are looking at a two bolt installation. There are also clamps that would allow mounting on a round or square frame member.

I use a Tank Bag and carry a 12oz Stainless insulated water bottle in the bag.

Nate, Just re-read your inquiry. I would bet that a plastic faux carbon fibre bicycle water bottle holder would work inside your fairing or attached to your frame. A stainless steel or brushed aluminum water bottle would look quite nice---depending on how you mount it--people might think you have a Nitrous bottle.
All great idea's guys. I might look into that of=r making something on my own. I just hate wasting good money on a drink to only get half down and throw it away. Sometimes on longer trips to a point I plan on staying (state park or something) I'll carry my backpack. But for the 2 hour ride just to ride and stop at a gas station i always feel like i waste it unless I chug it.. which just means another pit stop an hour later LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy126 View Post
I just use the left cargo pocket on my bdu ripstop pants. Keeps one leg cool as well.
Never thought about that. I usually wear jeans but do own a few heavy cargo pants I use hiking / camping.