View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2018, 03:09 AM   #1
Scorp65
ninjette.org member

Name: Sonny

Motorcycle(s): 1992 Yamaha XJ600, 2009 Ninja 250R

June 8th I crashed my ninja

The crash was 100% my fault. I was fatigued with a million and one things on my mind. Which means I should not have been on the bike. I even left out without my jacket.
I ended up running wide on an entrance ramp to a bypass.I was running about 70 on speedometer (63 +/- actual) as I left asphalt onto grass and chert. I made a second mistake at that point and grabbed me a bunch of brake. The front wheel tucked under and the bike went down hard. I on the other hand tumbled about 75'. I would hear a whack as my head, shoulder and right arm made contact..then I would see sky, then whack. Its one of those turns that keeps getting tighter. I use this ramp regularly at the same speeds with no problems.
I and the bike came out much better than we could have. I had a broken finger two broken ribs and some road rash and assorted bruises. Probably would have lost finger if not for gloves.
The bike ended up with a bent right handle bar, broken right peg mount, brake lever broken, brake pedal mangled, and several breaks on all plastics on right side
Scorp65 is offline   Reply With Quote