View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2020, 05:50 PM   #2
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
What mods to do have to get this 40hp? Any dyno-charts with AFR?

How are you priming carbs?

Many causes of low gas flow.

1. Insufficient vacuum to petcock. Do you have vacuum-gauge and can measure actual vacuum-level that goes into petcock? I had issue on my race-bike with vacuum line getting coiled up and pinched under tank. Made it about 1.5-laps and engine would die. Let sit for couple minutes on PRI and it’d start right up.

Got back to pits, pulled tank off to take look. Everything’s fine, ran for 10-minutes no problem. Bolted everything together and went out again. Exactly 1.5 laps in, fizzed to stop again! Sat for while, started right back up. This time, i connected rubber-T to petcock and measured vacuum. Bolted everything back up like I was going out on track. Even sat on bike. Watched vacuum-gauge and sure enough, after initial amount to open petcock, vacuum went down and down until petcock shut off and my carbs ran dry! Looked carefully at vacuum hose and there was certain curve that became sharp kink and cut off vacuum when I bolted down tank.

2. Low flow from petcock. Disconnect fuel-line from carbs and aim into measuring cup. Using vacuum-pump, apply exact amount of vacuum you measured going to petcock in step#1 to petcock’s vacuum line. Time flow for 30s (use stopwatch). How much petrol did you collect in 30-seconds?

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; September 6th, 2020 at 07:23 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote