View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2016, 10:44 AM   #25
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinm911 View Post
I got my boot dragging for the first time over the weekend and it startled me and I almost went wide. I was wondering what indications there are so you know youve reached max lean, or close to it.

I'm on my phone so excuse any mistakes
Posted via Mobile Device
Sometimes dragging a boot happens because you have your toes pointed down or hanging off the peg in a weird way. Balls of the feet should be on the pegs and you should move them forward to shift or brake and then back to the "ready" position once again.

If you still drag boot or pegs that is an indication that you are probably using too much lean angle. Racers and track riders use the knee on the ground as lean angle indicators of how far over they are.

Others have mentioned that your body position needs to be correct in order to reduce overall lean angle while riding and to give you more clearance. Hanging off to the inside of the turn and getting your upper body over and to the inside usually helps but people often try to hang off too far.

So, what kinds of things can you do with your lower body to ensure that you are getting set up correctly for good body position?
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote