View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2016, 11:11 PM   #3
Kevin1956
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

I have thought about this for some time. How about 3-D printing a device to replace the passenger seat on a new-gen for mounting hard luggage? The sides would be flat and parallel to each other. The top would be flat and level. The bottom would be printed with a shape identical to the seat, complete with the mounting tab slot, the four support legs, and a place to bolt the seat lock peg.

This would serve as a platform for mounting a rack or topcase bracket, and hard sidecase carriers.

Mounting hard luggage on a new-gen Ninja 250 has been nearly impossible, requiring fabrication beyond the scope of most of us. This may be a simple way to solve the problem. Like the weight of a passenger sitting upon the seat, the weight of the luggage would sit on top of the frame as it should. All the hard sidecase projects I've seen on this site utilize brackets hanging from the tiny bolts under the tail, which I would not trust.

My diagrams are pretty crude, way out of scale, but I think you'll get the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg !ZZZ2.jpg (39.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg !ZZZ5.jpg (27.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg !ZZZ9.jpg (11.2 KB, 0 views)

Last futzed with by Kevin1956; May 17th, 2016 at 12:48 AM.
Kevin1956 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.