RacinNinja
Vintage Screwball

Name: B

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250, 2019 KTM 1290SDR, 2017 FZ10

MOTM - Mar '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
You're not gonna win... Just do whatever you want to do anyway
I got some icon overpants, I doubt they slide well, but they sure do look an feel good
It's not a matter of winning.

It's a matter of whether you want to look normal/cool/comfortable/how much skin you are comfortable with losing vs protecting yourself as much as possible.

No one can stop you from wearing jeans when you ride. Do it with the knowledge that if something happens, you're going to be hurting for a while. Having a nurse at the hospital scrub out road rash with a brush will make you think about it in a whole new light.

My philosophy is: Sweat is cheaper than skin. I don't care if people think I'm nuts walking around in leather pants, I'm never going to see them again anyway. I do it frequently and in riding boots too. People at the gas station? Grocery store? Traffic on the road? Why do I care what they think I look like? My skin is worth 100x what my pride/ego is. I wear the gear I do because most of them are inattentive assholes absorbed in their phones not looking for motorcycles anyway.

Most buildings have a bathroom of some sort you can change out your leathers for jeans in. Jeans fit very nicely in a small backpack or tail bag, just get to work 5 minutes early.

RacinNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.