Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2021, 12:55 PM   #5
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

Name: Marshall

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 2006 Triumph America

Sorry for the lack of info. The stock airbox had a huge hole in it. I never said that. The jump box was just to test it. I am running an actual battery.

I have reset everything as best as I could without the airbox twice. I have a whole bunch of jets used and new of the same values and I have tried them all.

The bike runs fine when giving it throttle and goes all the way to redline without stumbling. with the UNI filters I have on it now I am at 115 mains and it runs fine in the upper range.

I just took the intake boots off again and gave them a really good cleaning and they are still soft and not cracked.

I went back to the 38 idle jets because it ran a little better with them. I have blown through all the passages at least 20 times. the air compressor I am using is a 150 psi compressor so I WOULD think it would clear the passages out.

Sometimes it will idle fine for a few seconds and then either start to slightly surge on its own but most of the time it wants to idle VERY low but not die. sometimes it wont die but idle extremely low.

This sounds more like a vacuum problem, right?
marshallsmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote