Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2021, 10:33 PM   #25
memphisninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Spencer

Motorcycle(s): 06 Ninja 250 and Suzuki Burgman 400. Previously owned: 78 KZ650, 80 KZ440, 03 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallsmith27 View Post
It very possibly could need the valves adjusted. I think it has 4,000 miles on it. I don’t know how they would be out of spec with so few miles but I guess it’s possible. I think it’s going to be my next step. I have tried so many variables with adjustments and even a different ignitor so that only leaves the valves. everything has been replaced inside the carbs pretty much. the only thing that’s original are the floats which are still good and the diaphragms.

Also I think I am going to order some 40 idle jets. Since 42 was too much and it's possible that when I check the valves they wont be out of tolerance. not returning to idle I still think is a lean thing. and I have lots of main jet sizes but no idle jets
I see you only live about 3 and half hours away. I could come down and help you adjust the valves and get the carbs dialed in one day, or you could come here, either way would be fine.

I just adjusted my valves on my ninja 250 last week and then did the carb float adjustment as well (check out my FB, I keep tons of photos and videos of the various different bikes and vehicles I work on). Btw I have found that 15 mm is a better float height for larger main jets than stock.

I've owned 5 different Ninja 250's before, and have worked on at least a dozen of them.

A video after the valve adjustment. Running good!
https://www.facebook.com/spencer.mit...69712218412432

memphisninja is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.