View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:46 AM   #1
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Official Area-P Pre-08 Ninja 250 Exhaust Thread

Thanks to KKim's post, I was fortunate enough to have my 2007 Ninja 250r chosen for R&D for Area-P's upcoming 2-in-1 exhaust system for the pre-08 Ninja 250.

Here are some preliminary details:
1. The exhaust will be similar to the 2008+ Ninja 250 exhaust in that it is a 2-in-1 style. This means that the 2007-earlier models will lose the dual exhaust.

2. There will be an optional (included) stopper for the center stand.

3. The center stand on the left side of the bike will protrude after removal of the left side exhaust manifold. So, removal of the center stand may be a preferred option.

4. The exhaust will be available in two lengths. A longer pipe that is more quiet and a shorter, but louder, version. Performance on both will be nearly identical.

5. It should be available in carbon fiber and stainless steel.

6. A bracket that replaces the rear footpeg bracket will be made available (for those who wish to remove the factory passanger brakets).

7. The Area-P system will replace the stock dual-exhaust system and, optionally, the center stand and rear pegs/brackets. This will result in some significant weight savings.

8. If sitting on the bike, the new 2007 and earlier Area-P exhaust will exit from the right side of the bike, similar to the 2008 Ninja 250 exhaust.

Why is Area-P building an exhaust for the 2007 and earlier Ninja 250's? (glad you asked)

Simply put: demand.

Due to the reputation of performance and quality of Area-P's 2008+ Ninja 250 exhaust, owners of pre-08 Ninja's wanted a similar system for their bikes. So, you let your voices be heard and contacted Area-P in serious numbers. Area-P responded to the demand by initiating research and development of a potentially exciting new exhaust.

My personal experience with Area-P:

This is my Area-P story. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

I woke up on Saturday morning (Feb. 21, 2009) and had my bike delivered to Area-P's facilities in Anaheim, California.

Upon arrival, I was met with Mr. Kerry Bryant, the founder of Area-P and R&D chief. My initial impression was that Kerry is approachable, warm and friendly. He is the kind of guy you want to have a beer with, but also the kind of guy that has an uncompromising attention to performance and detail. And I truly mean uncompromising.

I expected to drop off the bike and take off. Plans changed. Kerry's passion for motorcycle performance was contagious and we ended up having an incredible discussion on Ninja's, Ducati's as well as company philosophies.

In the world of manufacturing and performance, people like Kerry are a treasured rarity.

Unbeknownst to me, Area-P researches and develops exhaust systems for Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki and they also manufacture them. They are the source for exhaust expertise and official exhaust testing for all of the major motorcycle manufacturers as well as motorcycle magazines!

This level of expertise takes decades to develop and is a true logistical feat, especially when you factor in the complex science of exhaust dynamics.

Area-P now produces its own brand and the performance of their exhaust systems are currently unmatched. To industry insiders, Area-P is well known as the exhaust experts and go-to company for exhaust development, testing and production.

To people like me, Area-P is a unique company whose products are supported by data and facts. As many of you probably know, this is refreshing in the world of performance mods since most companies are less-than-honest about performance gains.

To sum up, my first trip to Area-P was very insightful and a sincere pleasure. I will continue to post updates on the new pre-08 exhaust project in this thread to keep all those in line to purchase fully updated.

Those of us with the 2007 and earlier generation Ninja's are fortunate that Area-P is developing this exhaust. The potential benefits are incredible and I personally can't wait to get my hands on the new system.

Here is Area-P's information:

www.areapnolimits.com

Area-P
1240 Simon Circle
Anaheim, CA 92806
714-630-2386

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote