View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2022, 01:19 PM   #12
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I was born in L.A. and lived there till I was about 3 or 4 years old in Pasadena
while my father worked at Arrow Jet General.... ( the horror stories he could tell from that place!)
but I remember the bumper to bumper traffic for hours and hours at a time
we traveled to Navado where my Uncle John had a Body shop and nice big home.... many times but the traffic has quadrupled sense those days !
yah I am definitely a chicken..... if I had to I'd park and wait it out ! LOL....
the coast run My Uncle and I made went through S.F. on the way toward Eureka.... but we only encountered moderate traffic... now it is bumper to bumper the entire way I am sure ! ....
I've hit the ground at 50mph and it is not something I want to repeat...EVER !
I still Ride and that can't be said for many guys that have had a wreck at that speed... but it is my love for the motorcycle that powers that in me !
not my reasoning... my reasoning says cars are safer by far for bodily injury
but a Bike is much funner and faster than a car could ever hope to be !
I've never been in a Big car crash doing freeway speeds just had fender benders in town traffic is all but the thought of a car pulling out in front of me when I'm doing 70mph on a bike still gives me bad dreams !
Most guys do not realise how much you can be hurt on a bike....and how easily it can happen !
I can understand the Lane splitting in traffic like that that has slowed to a standstill ... but in so doing you reduce your chances of making it home one more time without a accident dramatically ! ..... I understand why Most accidents on the freeway involving motorcycles have been increasing through the years.... it's not the bikers ability to control the bike its the car that doesn't look..... as with MOST bike accidents (because they never do look!)
Nope If all of a sudden I was transported down to where your video started Danno I would wait till 2:00AM and then head out of that God forsaken mess ! and head for the hills !
I'm a country boy ! I don't mix well with big cities at all.
if there's no cows in the fields next to the road I don't want to be there anyway ! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Bob....