View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2022, 04:38 PM   #47
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

not yet but I'll get ya some eventually I'll take some pics when I test it out
yes if your not up on your angles it could be a dangerous thing to try and lift your bike with .... this thing is one of those tools you don't use WRONGLY !
or it will drop the bike on you and smack you with the pole !
... there is no side braces when hoisting up the bike ...YOU are the side brace !
so you hold it steady with one hand and ratchet it up with the other and get it up far enough so you can push the bike up the rest of the way....
... I almost wonder if I could just use the long pole strapped to the bike by the foot peg and use the leverage of the pole to lift it up myself... without the ratchet ! LOL
the problem with that idea would be the second place to brace the pole against near the seat and tank..... but if you had a plate that slid under the seat to the frame that would not slip off that would do it easily ....
of course the whole problem with this idea is the time it takes to do it....
it certainly would not be fast...just getting the pole out and assembled would take 4 minutes !
.... but it gives you the option of going way the heck out there in the boonies where no one else is and if you dump it on it's side you can make it upright again without help ! .... EVEN A BIGGER BIKE THAN I HAVE !
so it is useful !
Bob.......