Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2022, 04:33 PM   #236
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

Name: Marshall

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 2006 Triumph America

@Bob KellyIII I would hate non removable jets. why that was ever a thing is beyond me.

So I think I got it running. I know I said I was going to get a chance to work on it a while back but helping out at work which I shouldn't even be has had me around 70 hours a week so I haven't had the energy to work on the bike.

I threw the 40 pilots in and put the K&N unipod on and it seems to rev and return to idle. I think its running lean on the stock mains though. at first it was doing the same thing as before but I realized after a few minutes of it running that its because of how cold it is here. it finally warmed up and it revs and returns with no hanging at all. but, it does kind of dip down at idle on return but only barely. I also feel like it could rev up faster but there I think its running lean on the mains. I just need to swap those and test. I really cant fool around with it anymore today because the band clamps that came with the K&N filter are too wide and it keeps squeezing the boots of the filter off the flange of the intake on the carbs.

Any idea on what to do about the band clamps squeezing the pod off? I removed all the filter oil from the boots and that helped some but not completely. I think I need narrow band clamps
marshallsmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote