Thread: Dumb@ss
View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2021, 09:24 PM   #1
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Dumb@ss

I knew you would come in here with that title. Well rather than insult, I would like to tell my tale and ask advice.

My lovely wife sold her 2012 Ninja 250 a few months ago and she has been diligently searching for a replacement ride ever since. Now I like Hondas but due to the wifes height (Pinoy 5'0" with boots on) she only seems to be able to "flat Foot" cruiser type bikes and she was looking hard at the Honda Rebel. Again, not against any bike or type but the Rebel 500 is not made to follow my Ducati's nor my friends Triumphs and other sport bikes on spirited back road romps. She needs the security of having her (at least one) foot(feet) solidly on the ground at stops. Being double her weight and nearly a foot taller, I cannot relate to this problem but I am trying my best to help her find a bike she will love to ride and fit on comfortably. She can ride my 916 and any other bike for that matter as her skills are strong but she cant handle the bike at a stand still especially once it is leaned over even a little. She sat on the Monster 696, Vulcan 650, KTM Duke 390, R3, FZ7, and many others but none fit her to the level where she was confident.

Cut to this past Saturday April 27, 2021:
Since her birthday is just a month away, I dragged her to our local dealer. They happened to have a 696 Monster, Vulcan 650, Honda Rebel 300 and BMW G310R and a Duke 390 all on the floor. The second the door opened and she saw the BMW in HP racing colors (Pearl white with red and blue) and she was in love. She tried all the rest but kept returning to the BMW over and over. The bike is a 2019 with just 800 miles on the clock! The dealer told us that they dont know if they will even get any new 2021 models this year and this bike is clean! I crawled all over this bike and could not find any dirt nor wear anyplace on the bike and the stock tires have 2" wide chicken strips on each side! They were asking $5000 but after a little talking we got the bike for $5000 out the door inc Tax and registration.

Now the bad part. Bike is bought and paid for and registered and the dealer calls for me to pick the new lovely up and bring her home. A good friend and I head to the shop and load up, trip home uneventful--until. I get home, slowly pull into drive to unload and there is a noise and a bump--all stop. One of the tie down straps has broken and the bike fell over onto my aluminum loading ramp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two big scratches in her perfect lightly used new to her bike!!!
What to do now? Hurry up and get armed!? She is at work and will return home soon, How do I tell her that her love is damaged? Worse than that, there are NO parts on Ebay. I have not looked at the dealer cost for this single panel but I would bet its all of $300 new if not more. I need anyone who may know where one of these panel are used to speak up now. I was hoping to tell her that a replacement would be here in a day or 2 but now im not so sure. The damage is just to the panel on the right(throttle) side front fairing that covers the side of the radiator. I think I could just peel the decal and put a new sticker over the scratches and no one would know but the bike is so new I want to replace it if possible. Anyone who knows of a crashed bike or anyone who may have parts please PM me ASAP!

So much for her enjoying her new bike as she cant even ride it due to weather and now its damaged. Help me if you can

Thanks
Ant
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote