Thread: Snow Tires
View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2010, 11:55 PM   #26
spooph
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
lol, while you were posting, guess what I was doing?

Mounting dirt-bike tires by hand is easy! As long as you have some soapy water! Getting these suckers to pop the bead onto the rim, not so easy. USE PLENTY OF SOAP!

After a test-ride on dry asphalt I really can't wait for it to snow! As with most dirt tires, hard cornering suffers, but not by much. At least, not that I could notice with the temps hovering around 40F and sand in the roads. Meaning, I couldn't ride that hard anyway. However, noticed a massive change in handling. The front is HEAVY! And not nearly as firm as it with road-tires. Totally understandable, and should be great for up to 50mph in snow/ice... I think that's the fastest I'll be going in those conditions. Also totally cool up to 80mph (then the popo appeared and I had to slow it down) on dry pavement, so no worries there.

The 3.00 is a little small for the front, go with something a smidge bigger. I think a 3.50 would work great! The 3.00 clears the front fender without any modifications. I think the 3.50 would as well, being that it would just be wider, not taller...

That's all I got for now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg knobbies.JPG (46.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg knobbies (1).JPG (53.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg knobbies (2).JPG (39.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg knobbies (3).JPG (37.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg knobbies (4).JPG (37.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg knobbies (5).JPG (40.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg knobbies (6).JPG (81.7 KB, 26 views)

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote