View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #35
drstimpy
two wheels good

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 04 ex250 and 08 Triumph Sprint ST and custom calfee carbon race tandem

YEAR:04

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS: pods

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS: area-p full system with regular (louder) core

JET KIT OR STOCK? jet

BRAND OF JET KIT? Factory pro

MAIN JET:112

NEEDLE AND CLIP POSITION: 3rd from top

MIXTURE SCREW SETTINGS: 3 turns

ELEVATION:see the ocean out the window

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE’S JETTING SETUP: Was pretty easy to figure mains. Started at 110 and had lean surging so after raising needle a notch, still surging a bit so tried the 112s with the needle 3rd from top and seemed spot on so I didn't mess with it further. Left floats alone because bike had no problem with full throttle at low revs. Moved to mixture screws and really had to fuss with them a lot. Kept hanging and would hardly idle when coldish and reved to the moon when hot. Tried the turn until it misses technique but couldn't really hear miss. So just started over and backed em both out to 3 full turns and now it is better...still lean hangs a bit but idle is stable and the minor backfires at high vacuum are now just a little burble. May need a bigger pilot if 3 turns doesn't do it but will wait for warm air to be sure. Really enjoyed tinkering as I am a complete newbie to wrenching my bike and it all went the way it was supposed to go.

Last futzed with by drstimpy; April 25th, 2010 at 06:31 PM. Reason: "pods" came up emoticon
drstimpy is offline   Reply With Quote