View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2018, 12:26 PM   #9
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Shorter dogbone have less leverage, so effective spring-rate at rear-wheel through linkage and swing-arm length is higher than longer dogbone. While dogbones can be used to adjust height, it's not ideal because their length is linked to effective spring-rate as well.

To adjust ride-height without affecting spring-rate or any kind of damping, you want to change upper mounting-point of shock.
What do you think about using dogbones to change ride height, and then theoretically changing spring rate to compensate for the difference in geometry?

For what it's worth -- the gsxr shock I have is a whopping 6mm shorter than the ninja 250 original shock. Doesn't seem like a large difference.

Quote:
After reading this thread makes me think my lower links are too short, stiffening the spring leverage.
I'm about to put ninja 250 links back on instead of the custom ones. Will let you know if the rear end feels any softer after reassembly.