View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2018, 06:44 AM   #23
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

i dont care what your job is, you should do it the best you can. i used to wash cars for a living. i took pride in what i did. i take pride in everything i do. when i park a truck on the ready line, my name is on that ticket, the customer knows what mechanic did the work. and i strive to make my work at least as good as oem, and better when i see flaws in factory work.
the philosophy that a worker should get paid to do better is cancerous and false. A worker gets rewarded for good work, not bribed to do better.

that said, my shop has been hiring for four years straight. we cannot find young people that are willing to WORK for a living. i make close to $30 an hr, and i have a high school education. in a day when a mechanic can turn $100,000 a year bring home, and this generation today is too sorry and lazy to work.
where i came from, if you dont work, you dont eat.

as long as you support a man, he has no reason to strive to do better for himself.

i go to work because i have to, who would volunteer to work most of their lives away if they did not have to???
thanks to bad gov't in the 90's we have lost 95% of our factory jobs, if not more. used to be able to get out of high school and work a factory job that you could support a family on, and have enough to buy a little boat and a new car for the missus to drive. minimum wage is not supposed to support a family, its called an entry level job for a reason.
the city i work in is a relic of a bygone era of factories and manufacturing. its a shell of the might it had through the 1920's up to the 1970's. been in decline since. the factories are gone, the cities tax base is gone, and when its gone, you'll never get it back..
gantt is offline   Reply With Quote