View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2018, 10:54 AM   #30
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
It is like my niece. She is 16 and wants to work at a boutique. I'm like, "So do a ton of other girls your age."

She refuses to work at any place like fast food, grocery stores, even a juicing place. She is really picky. I guess it is all about the label more than anything. "Oh, you work at McDonald's? Well, I work here."

I'll admit, I didn't take much pride in my old job years ago. I think it was mainly because I wasn't happy with the whole situation there. Lots of uppers were holding back the lower tier because the upper tier didn't want competition for "their" jobs. I was passed over for several jobs, even though I was more qualified than others, all because they knew if I got promoted into a higher level, that I have more education and would be better qualified for future jobs they would bid for.

Lots of that at my old job. So nope, no real pride there. However, now I'm seeking IT jobs, I'm really eager to get out there and work. To do something I enjoy. I really enjoy computers and stuff like that, so it will be a great change of environment.
my bro in law is just like this. 27 years old, still living at home, no job... works with his dad some, and his dad is doing it only to "help" his boy. his son does more jerking off than actual work on the clock. he wants to work for Georgia Power or someone like that. Atlanta Gaslight, some huge company with great benefits. sorry dude, they dont hire grown men that have never had a job, and no education to fall on. you got to start low and work higher.
i saw our town was hiring a city worker. full time, 15 miles from his house, starting at $10/HR, paid week off plus paid holidays. insurance... hell no, he didn't even respond to my text. and he gets jealous because of what little i have accumulated, through hard work and saving my money.
i buy cheap cars, never had a payment over 140 bucks a month. not like i have new expensive stuff. i drive a 22 year old car, wife is in a 13 year old car, my truck is 13. i buy smart, for the long haul. i take care of what i have, and fix it as it breaks.
he goes for flashy, and instant gratification. if he has to save for it, the plan stops at that moment. i doubt he has saved more than enough for a carton of cigs in his life..
gantt is offline   Reply With Quote