View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2018, 12:49 PM   #31
smoreschoco
ninjette.org member

Name: HK

Motorcycle(s): EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
It is like my niece. She is 16 and wants to work at a boutique. I'm like, "So do a ton of other girls your age."

She refuses to work at any place like fast food, grocery stores, even a juicing place. She is really picky. I guess it is all about the label more than anything. "Oh, you work at McDonald's? Well, I work here."

I'll admit, I didn't take much pride in my old job years ago. I think it was mainly because I wasn't happy with the whole situation there. Lots of uppers were holding back the lower tier because the upper tier didn't want competition for "their" jobs. I was passed over for several jobs, even though I was more qualified than others, all because they knew if I got promoted into a higher level, that I have more education and would be better qualified for future jobs they would bid for.

Lots of that at my old job. So nope, no real pride there. However, now I'm seeking IT jobs, I'm really eager to get out there and work. To do something I enjoy. I really enjoy computers and stuff like that, so it will be a great change of environment.
Pride at workplace is overrated. It doesn't help pay rent nor buy groceries.

I'm fine with people having no pride as long as they get the job done and treat colleagues politely. To many workers, including myself, a job is just there to earn money. Not that I hate my company; I'd simply rather enjoy my personal life outside of work than overthinking what work really means in my life.

Personally, I like my job, although I won't say I have much pride at work. However, I take pride in doing honest work and live within my means.

I can't say people are wrong when they have no pride in a job that doesn't mean much but a paycheck.
smoreschoco is offline   Reply With Quote