View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2018, 06:05 PM   #16
Fifthwheelman
2-18 wheels

Name: Bradley

Motorcycle(s): ‘04 Kawasaki Ninja 250 “Baroness”

From ADOUGLAS “There are these really cool things called "maps." Rarely seen these days and essentially unknown to younger people, they are large sheets of paper that fold up into a nice handy size. They show all the roads at a glance. Best of all, they don't need to be recharged and don't require a network connection or GPS.”

I mean you aren’t wrong I haven’t handled a paper map in a decade minus army land nav training. Might be something worth trying though thanks.

From Koala “From what I've seen since I moved back up here, a paper map in Ohio would be utterly useless. Especially if one is trying to find good riding roads. Any season other than winter, god only knows how many roads are closed/under construction/just a plain mess. Ohio doesn't do road construction quickly, either. They drag that crap out for years.”

You aren’t wrong either for example how long has I271 to I90 E in the Akron-Cleveland area been under construction? I run that way to Erie 5 nights a week in a semi. Problem I am having is my 2 rider friends here in Dayton don’t know where the really really silly roads are either you the kind the “wtf were they thinking running this many curves” kind. Be that as it may I am having a great time in this new hobby/lifestyle thing and I’m really happy to have found such a group of people as can be found here.