View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #42
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Honda CBR600RR

I never had a problem with the 250. Yes I'm a bigger guy (200lbs) and I found my sweet spot that I adjusted them to. Almost all bikes (sport style) you end up pointing them to about where your elbows are in the mirror and you tuck them in to see. It's not hard but takes some adjusting to get use to it. I actually went down a slow traffic 2 lane road while no one was out and adjusted them as I was riding with a friend behind me on his bike. I adjusted it so on both mirrors I could see him in any of his lane positions. Seems like no matter how much adjustment you do at a stop when you start moving its pointed wrong.

My problem with my CBR is the damn things shake so bad you cant see anything but a blurred image of what seems like a car behind you.

When I merge onto the highway or into a completely different lane with heavy traffic I never rely on my mirrors. I will physically sit up and turn around to look down the road im merging onto so I can see all conditions around me. Sometimes this requires me to take a hand off the bars but I'd rather be a guy going slower than traffic to see whats going on then the guy who just jumps out there thinking he didn't see anything.