View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2020, 12:28 AM   #20
gitter
ninjette.org member

Name: Joel

Motorcycle(s): 20' Speed Triple RS - 95 ex250

Pulled carbs, replaced the float valves and float bowl gaskets along with a couple other odds and ends while I was in there. Ran the same set up I did last time, gravity fed auxilary fuel tank and it doesn't seem to be leaking, only ran it for about 30 seconds.

Will swap in fresh plugs in the morning and let it run a little longer to see if its leaking anywhere. Still waiting on pods to show up so I can sync the carbs.

Quick question, when I'm running a gravity fed fuel tank, do I need to cap off the other hose that would go to the petcock? Or do I just let it stay open?

Also, this isn't directly related but I thought I would throw it in here just incase someone was searching and needed the tip: throttle cables were sticking something fierce, lubed them and still felt like they were binding. Turns out there was a bunch of gunk piled up between the throttle tube and the handlebar from the bike sitting outside for so long. Cleaned everything up, throttles and cables are working perfectly fine now.
gitter is offline   Reply With Quote