View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2015, 03:57 AM   #1
ryker
chaos theory

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r SE ; 2007 ZZR600

decided to upgrade

I've been thinking about getting a little larger bike since the winter. I'm keeping my 250, but my girl has been wanting to ride with me more. So I decided I needed something that had a little more power & better brakes if I wanted to ride a passenger more often. (I know the 250 is perfectly capable for having a passenger, but for me I'd feel safer on something a little bigger). After reading reviews on several bikes, I came across a 2007 ZZR600. Didn't know much about them, but overall the reviews were very positive (some negative, but that's expected). Its basically the 2000-2002 ZX6R, rebranded as the ZZR600 and considered "sport touring". There are also handles on the back which my gf is very happy about.

I found one on craigslist about 3 hours from my home. It was an older gentleman selling the bike. I spoke on the phone for about an hour and he told me all about it.The bike is like showroom condition, only 2300 miles. He bought it in 2012. He had a Harley & wanted to try out a sportier bike. Well he only put 220 miles on it in 3 years. The guy he purchased it from was also an older guy & he babied this bike. I got an insurance quote and it is only about $100 more than what I'm currently paying on the 250.

I went and looked at it yesterday, took it for a test run and was amazed at how comfortable this bike is. It handles great and I was surprised that it doesn't feel that much heavier than the 250. It is one well balanced machine. It has a viper exhaust which sounds incredible! For the price & condition, I went with it and had to drive it home (3 hours/210 miles away)....great way to test if I'd like it or not.

Well the ride was awesome! Brakes are powerful, shifting is butter smooth, and the acceleration is nuts. I love how comfortable it is too. What a find! So now I am the owner of 2 Kawasaki bikes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg myzzrfirstpic.jpg (166.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg zzringarage.jpg (137.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg zzrand250sidebyside.jpg (115.8 KB, 39 views)

Last futzed with by ryker; July 4th, 2015 at 06:33 PM.
ryker is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.