View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2016, 05:25 PM   #1
sickopsycho
One ugly son of a gun.

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250

Well it was a short run- hope it's not indicative of years to come...

I put about 200 miles on my 2007 Ninja 250- my first bike. I bought it, spent the last month putting blood sweat and tears into getting it perfect. I got my learners permit and tags (they were even paper as I hadn't had it inspected yet)... and then today happened. I has coming out of a gas station and there was traffic in the lane in front of me. They were all stopped waiting for a light down the street. There was an opening and I was turning left. I pulled out, checking right then back left then right one more time... all clear. I pull out only to see a lady pull out in the opposing lane of traffic to get around everyone and make the light in the futur left turn lane. She crossed a double yellow and into opposing traffic lane to do this, the same lane I was trying to get into to go the correct way. Head on impact- threw me over the handlebars with such force that my pelvic bone ddented the rear of my gas tank. I rolled off her hood and landed on my back. Thankfully, I had my gear on as I always do. Armored jacket, nice leather gauntlets, helmet with face sheild down. I suffered a laceration to my chin which bled pretty good but no stitches needed. My pelvic bone hurts, but it's just sore. My bike, however, did not fair very well. The entire front end is trashed. The tank is dented where I hit it. I rode it about 2 miles home, but I felt it pulling and I couldnt turn the handlebars all the way to the left, but I could to the right. For some reason the rear brake doesn't seem to be working either. Think it's gonna easily be a total, since I only spent $1600 on the bike. On the bright side, I really want a newgen anyway so maybe this will be my excuse. I'm really hoping I can pick one up for ~$2000 assuming I get a payout somewhere near what I paid for the bike. She was issued a citation during the accident, so think they will put her as at fault. See the picks below for what happened... I set the bike up after the accident... these bikes are hella light. Even in my slightly dazed state it was a breeze to lift. =)

I LOVE my bike- I just got it perfect... but I think I'd love a newgen too... At least I can say I feel a lot more confident in wearing gear now. Had I have been squid riding, I have every bit of a notion that this would have resulted in a trip to the hospital. Probably not life-threatening, but definately more bums and bruises...
ATGATT FTW!
sickopsycho is offline   Reply With Quote