Old November 4th, 2016, 01:16 PM   #24
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickopsycho View Post
The insurance adjuster just came out this morning and said the diagnosis is not good. The forks are definitely hella bent...

Can't tell if they are creased or not- but givien all of the other damage, i'd say its easily a total. Depending on what they offer me, I might keep the bike and try to replace what I can and run it naked... but I'm more concerned with getting as newgen bike of similar price-range. I think if I can find one in pretty prestine condition with less than 10k miles on it and my total insurance payout will cover it then I'm gonna jump on it. As of right now this is my only transportation so getting back on the road is a priority for me. They also have a medical claim open for me, although I refused treatment at the scene. I think the adrenaline running through me at the time had a lot to do with that, but also I'm kind of a hard-ass when it comes to going to the hospital. The next morning, however, I have black and blue all over me and I'm sore from head to toe. Going over the handlebars will probably do that- so i went in to get checked out. The dent on my tank came from my male regions, which are completely black. They did an ultrasound to make sure everybody was ok down there- I do plan on having children some day =) Everything checked out ok and aside from some pain meds they tried to give me (I refused), I checked out mostly ok. I'm hoping the drivers insurance is going to cover that bill. My Helmet was scuffed up pretty good- how to I let them know that they nedd to fix/replace that as well? I assume when they insurance company comes at me with a claim I need to mention that? Anything else I need to know when dealing with these guys? I'm not looking for a payday, like I said, I just want fair compensation for my bike, gear and medical checkout. It sucks not being able to have transportation for weeks while this is handled- I hope that is also taken into consideration. I don't need pain and suffering, I just want fair compensation. Maybe an uber here or there? Any thoughts? Experience?
Thanks, guys...
If you get to keep the bike I have a couple of projects that could use another engine.

Or I have a set of forks and a lime green body work sitting around.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote