View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2009, 10:18 PM   #1
stingray
ninjette.org member

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r

How wide are your chicken strips? Can you scrape your pegs?

hey y'all, since this is a more "mature" crowd than those "other" forums, i'd like to get a thread and a poll started over here...

i've been riding since october and already logged 2800 miles. i go down some decent twisties around my area, but haven't been down any truly mountainous terrain yet. still practicing on my skills before braving the mountain curves.

for the record, i'm the type that doesn't mind going 70-90 mph down a deserted country road with some decent twisties. however, i still have about 3/8" of chicken strips! perhaps i'm being on the conservative side around tight turns, i dunno. i'm trying to build confidence to lean fully, but i usually get to a point where i question the bikes ability to grip the pavement so i tend to back it off.

so what is your opinion on the matter? should a sportbike rider at least be *CAPABLE* of fully leaning just in case an emergency scenario ever arises that calls for a full lean? now i'm not implying one should scrape the pegs every day, but at least have the ability to feel confident at full lean (thus no chicken strips).

i'll be riding tomorrow (saturday) and practicing leaning so i'll update.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote