View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2016, 08:46 AM   #5
Aran
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiBill View Post
The only thing hooked up to the ACC fuse is the aux power leads. The TAIL fuse powers all of the "running" lights - taillight (and the branches for the brake light switches), plate light, and dash illumination lights.

There's no overlap in the circuits - a problem in one can't cause the other's fuse to blow.
Between posting this thread and today I stumbled upon the wiring diagram, not that it does much more than make my head hurt and add a little anxiety to my day, but I had that figured out, at least.

As it turns out I discovered more aftermarket wiring I had either not been told about or forgot (Likely forgot) in the front fairing, tucked in deep is a cigarette outlet. I imagine that's why the ACC fuse needed to be 30A and why it blew with less, if it was inelegantly installed.

I guess I'll have to go over every wire in the TAIL circuit until I find the short, then. I've never done anything like this before so I imagine it'll be a big ugly mess by the time I'm done.

I haven't really had a chance to do much more than park it in the back of the garage this last week and a half and today looks like the last nice day to figure it out before winter hits.
Aran is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.