Thread: Bike Financing?
View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2011, 07:45 PM   #105
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucktoplay1 View Post
I agree with kkim in most cases, but in my situation I bought my ninja with cash that I had saved up knowing that I was going to upgrade in the future. I am looking at buying my next bike and getting a loan for it so that I can build up my credit since i'm only 19 and have no credit. A small 5-6k loan is a perfect opportunity for me to start building my credit. I will be making a 1/3 down payment and borrowing the rest to pay off. A minuscule bike loan is almost like getting one of those small credit building loans to me with the added benefit of getting a new bike in the process
You cant get a loan without credit XD

I tried to get a loan from a credit union (which is much easier than a bank because they really do look at your entire financial standing) and they said they would be able to offer me a loan once my credit history reached 2years 6months. If you want to build up your credit, get a credit card from your bank and use it to buy gas and pay it off each month. I've been doing this for 2years 5months and my credit score is 731.

It takes time to build up your credit history and prove you are capable of paying back what you borrow.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote