Old August 22nd, 2019, 10:30 AM   #232
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph42 View Post
Hate running, love bicycling.

I used to exercise a lot and be in really good shape, but have any of you ever gone through a phase where you're super busy and overloaded at work, highly stressed, and when you get home you just don't feel like exercise. You feel like vegetating.

Years back I used to race mountain bikes. Done some triathlons and road races too. Seems like that's so far away now. I'm about 30 lbs overweight.
Man, this is my life off and on all the time. Work, travel for work, work for work, kids, home, wife, life, etc etc etc. It saps everything I have sometimes. And it does get the better of me sometimes. Exercise I like, like riding singletrack helps so much to allow me to get some blood flowing when I don't want to workout.

It helps tremendously for me to have someone to do it with as well. I am 1000% more likely to workout if I have someone to do it with. It is one of the reasons travel is so hard for me with exercise - I get away from people exercise with and then there is no accountability.

I need to lose 25 lbs right now and it is coming off the slowest and hardest it ever has. At least cycling is fun lol.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote